Digital Government is about putting people first. They’re focused on what people need from the government in these fast-changing times and how government can meet their needs using emerging technologies, data, and changes to government culture, practices, and processes.
There are several areas the Government is focusing on towards its digital transformation:
- Towards a Digital Strategy for Aotearoa – In October 2021, the government published the discussion and asked New Zealanders to have their say on New Zealand’s digital future.
- Strategy for a Digital Public Service – The Strategy for a Digital Public Service sets the direction to modernise and transform the public service, putting citizens and businesses at the centre of government services.
- Digital insights from the public service response to COVID-19 – the report provides an overview of the digital capabilities required for COVID-19 and future incident responses, and how to progress a digitally-enabled public service.
- New Zealand government’s digital work programme – you can find a list of the government’s digital initiatives that have been completed or impemented, are being developed or are about to start.
- A report on how the SMEs Digital Skills Fund built digital skills for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) run by Māori, Pacific peoples and disabled people.
- Digital Inclusion Research – Research that is being done on digital inclusion in New Zealand.